If your career goals include becoming a teacher, counselor, therapist, early childhood educator, or doctor then becoming an Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Assistant can not only provide you with a job but can also provide you with foundational life experience. While you are in the midst of your studies, remain rooted in the reasons you decided on your career field: to help others and make a difference. Become a behavior assistant and do something that matters.
What does an ABA assistant do? Check out this video to see A Day in the Life of a Behavior Assistant.
How You Can Become an ABA assistant
- Look over our requirements. You need a high school diploma or equivalent, a clean driving record, and a reliable car. Although experience working with children is a plus, we are more impressed by your character than your accomplishments. If you are trustworthy, teachable, and ready to be part of an exciting team who supports one another, then Discover Hope is the place for you!
- Be available evenings and Saturdays. Although the schedule is flexible, the peak hours requested by our clients are Monday-Friday 3:00 pm-7:30 pm and Saturdays 9 am-3 pm.
- Fill out our online application.
- Pass a detailed background check once you hear from us.
- Attend our FREE training to become a Registered Behavior Technician. This certification is from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) and equips you to provide ABA services anywhere in the world.
- Once you have completed the training, we will match you with a child and family that fits your personality and your schedule. You will be part of a supportive, caring team who provides hope to a family with a child with autism or other social skill needs. You will build a relationship with the child through playing, laughing, and learning together.
- Become part of the team. Discover Hope team members receive competitive pay and paid drive time and mileage. Medical and dental insurance is provided for you and your dependents if needed. You will receive a mentor who checks in with you not just about work-related issues, but also about your life goals. Check out this video to get a taste of our company culture. It’s not like any place you’ve worked!
Discover Hope was awarded one of the Nation’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in both 2016 and 2017. It remains an amazing place to work!
Any questions? Ready to apply? Use our mobile-friendly online application and inquiry form here.
Thank you so much for reading this article and for being part of the Radiant Parent Community! If you are like most of the parents we talk to, you have wasted hours googling different parenting tips and asking advice from friends and family, and all you have to show for it is contradictory advice that doesn’t work for your family. And you do NOT have time to waste! I have great news for you: The Radiant Parent Program is here to help you stay calm, confident, and joyful amidst the challenges of parenting! We will give you the most accurate parenting tips and advice, based on current research, so that your valuable time is spent learning best practice instead of hearsay. We will also give you group and individual coaching to help you take that knowledge and apply it to the unique needs of your family. Get started now with a 30-day free trial!
See you soon!
This Multimedia Content (including video and article content) has been made for informational and educational purposes only. Discover Hope Behavioral Solutions Inc. (Discover Hope) does not make any representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy, applicability, fitness, or completeness of the multimedia content. Discover Hope does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any sites listed or linked to it in any Multimedia Content.
The Multimedia Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or seen on the Site.
The information contained in the Multimedia Content posted represents the views and opinions of the original creators of such Multimedia Content and does not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Discover Hope Behavioral Solutions Inc. The mere appearance of Multimedia Content on the Site does not constitute an endorsement by Discover Hope Behavioral Solutions Inc. or its affiliates of such Multimedia Content.
Discover Hope hereby disclaims any and all liability to any party for any direct, indirect, implied, punitive, special, incidental, or other consequential damages arising directly or indirectly from any use of the Multimedia Content, which is provided as is, and without warranties.