If your career goals include becoming a teacher, counselor, therapist, early childhood educator, or doctor then becoming an Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Assistant can not only provide you with a job but can also provide you with foundational life experience and a path to your ultimate career. While you are in the midst of your studies, remain rooted in the reasons you decided on your career field: to help others and make a difference. Become a Behavior Assistant and do something that matters.
What does an ABA assistant/therapist do? Check out this video to see A Day in the Life of a Behavior Assistant.
How You Can Become an ABA Assistant/Therapist
- Look over the requirements. You need a high school diploma or equivalent, a clean driving record, and a reliable car. Although experience working with children is a plus, we are more impressed by your character than your accomplishments. If you are trustworthy, teachable, and ready to be part of an exciting team who supports one another, then Discover Hope is the place for you!
- Be available evenings and Saturdays. Although the schedule is flexible, the peak hours requested by our clients are Monday-Friday 3:00 pm-7:30 pm and Saturdays 9 am-3 pm.
- Fill out our online application.
- Pass a background check.
- Upon hire, we will provide 40 hours of free training, including Safety Care, CPR, and Board Certified Autism Technician (BCAT) certification.
- Once you have completed the training, we will match you with a child and family that fits your personality and your schedule. You will be part of a supportive, caring team who provides hope to a family with a child with autism or other social skill needs. You will build a relationship with the child through playing, laughing, and learning together.
- Become part of the team. Discover Hope team members receive competitive pay and paid drive time and mileage. Medical and dental insurance is sponsored and partially supported for you and your dependents if you are a full time employee working over 30 hours. You will receive a mentor who checks in with you not just about work-related issues, but also about your life goals. Check out this video to get a taste of our company culture. It’s not like any place you’ve worked!
Discover Hope was awarded one of the Nation’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work for the last four years in a row!!!
Apply to join this amazing team now!